Fremantle Stuff > people >
James and Jane Dodds established the Cleikum Inn on the western bank of the Swan River opposite the township of Guildford (and therefore in West Guildford - Bassendean). It was on the south side of the Perth road, at the point where there would later be - and is now - a bridge over the river. It was actually their house. (There is now something like an aged care facility on the site.)
Carter, Jennie 1986, Bassendean: A Social History 1829-1979, Bassendean Town Council.
Garry Gillard | New: 20 August, 2019 | Now: 15 December, 2020