Fremantle Stuff > buildings > Moores Warehouse
1883, 34 Henry Street
A pair of semidetached cottages and a store building were on this site in the 1840s. A warehouse was built on part of the site in 1880 and was bought by W.D. Moore in 1881 and, two years later, he built a second warehouse for machinery. It was essentially a roofed open space and modern apartments were built within the space in 1992, to a design by architect Brian Klopper. At that time rendering that had obscured the facade brickwork was removed. (Hutchison)
Kent, Jack, Agnieshka Kiera & Jeremy Dawkins 1998, The Moore's Buildings: A Conservation Project, City of Fremantle.
Taylor, Robyn 1995, The Moores Project: Conservation of the The Moores Complex of Buildings, Architecture & Heritage Section, City of Fremantle.
Garry Gillard | New: 18 December, 2015 | Now: 11 November, 2019