15 October. John Curtin High School officially opened 1958 by Premier Hawke, tho the first boys had been admitted in 1956 and girls in 1957. The first headmaster was Jack Howieson. It is now called the John Curtin College of the Arts.
Ewers, John K. 1971, The Western Gateway: A History of Fremantle, Fremantle City Council, with UWAP, rev. ed. [1st ed. 1948]: 176.
Garry Gillard | New: 6 August, 2015 | Now: 16 August, 2015