Obelisk on Monument Hill erected; it was demolished 1924 and replaced by the present Memorial 1928.
27 February. Meeting of ratepayers in the Oddfellows Hall to elect a Town Council: WS Pearse, Chairman; George Pearse, GA Davies, Herbert Dixon, West Ward; WE Marmion, John Chester, DB Francisco, North Ward; W Jose, S Hayes, Lucius A Manning, South Ward; WD Moore, treasurer; HM Lefroy, Joseph Doonan, auditors.
2 February. The (first) Fremantle Herald established by James Pearce and William Beresford in association with James Roe and AHK Cole, appearing weekly on Saturday.
A number of maritime disasters.
Garry Gillard | New: 6 August, 2015 | Now: 13 August, 2015