Fremantle Stuff > Streets > Leake Street
George Leake (1786-1849) was a wealthy landowner in the Swan River Colony and a store keeper in Fremantle. He was the first resident Magistrate of Fremantle in 1839, and the uncle of Sir Luke Leake and George Walpole Leake.
Leake St is one block long, with only the Princess Theatre building and the former Terminus/Pearlers Hotel on the northern side.
The southern side has the original building of Port School, the back door of the current police station (in High Street), and Marine House.
Hutchison, David 2006, Fremantle Walks, FACP.
West End walks
Garry Gillard | New: 30 December, 2018 | Now: 16 February, 2019