Fremantle Stuff > Schools > Technical School
Fremantle Library image no. 143, Fielding Studio, c. 1924. Fremantle Technical School, South Terrace. Erected by Public Works Department under Hillson Beasley (architect) in 1912. Opened in 1913. Fremantle Infants and Girls School (old section) foundation stone laid 5.12.1877. Note: Partial view of the Oddfellows Hotel, erected 1887.
The photograph shows what is now part of Challenger TAFE, still on the corner of Essex St. At the left, the front of the Girls School may be seen, in front of the Oddfellows Hotel (now the Norfolk Hotel) in the distance, with the word FAMILY distinguishing it.
Garry Gillard | New: 16 October, 2016 | Now: 10 January, 2019