Fremantle Stuff > Schools > Sacred Heart Convent
'Riverview' was built in Tuckfield Street in 1889 for Edward Mayhew, a wholesale druggist [who also seems to have been the American Consul]. In 1902 it became a convent and school known as Sacred Heart Ladies College. A modern structure was erected on the site in 1953. Thanks to the Fremantle Library for image no. 1932, and the text of its caption.
Neither the Library nor Byrne give the exact street address. It seems to have been 77 or 75. 'Mutiara' is still standing at 79 Tuckfield St and seems to have been next door.
Byrne, Geraldine 2000, A Basilica in the Making: the Centenary of St Patrick's Fremantle, Mazenod: 59-60
Garry Gillard | New: 9 October, 2017 | Now: 26 January, 2019