Fremantle Stuff > Schools > Plympton
Plympton School was established in Marmion St on the corner with East St from 27 January 1898.
Marmion St looking west from Duke St, 1905
Marmion Street showing wooden houses and limestone road. Plympton School is on the extreme left edge. In the centre, on the corner of King Street, is M.J. France, Grocer.
Photograph 813A (cropped) from the Fremantle History Centre, date September 1905. Text from the Library entry. Plympton School became the East Fremantle Primary School (tho technically not in East Fremantle, being south of Marmion St).
Charlesworth, Helene 1997, Small but Strong: a Pictorial History of the Town of East Fremantle 1897-1997, Town of East Fremantle: 34.
EFPS website, which gives the address as 8 Forrest St, Fremantle
See also the subsite for East Fremantle
Garry Gillard | New: 26 July, 2015 | Now: 18 November, 2018