Fremantle Stuff > People > William Wauhop
William Wauhop (1887-1971) was Mayor of East Fremantle for twenty-one years 1944-64. He was a member of the Uglymen's Association. The William Wauhop Wing of the Fremantle Hospital in Alma Street was named after Mr Wauhop who was a member of the Board from 1933 and Chairman of the Board from 1947. He was chairman of the State Licensing Court. Wauhop Road, East Fremantle is named for him, as is the adjacent Park. 1925 photo.
He is seen in these two photos of mayor and councillors from 1946 and 1963.
Wauhop is also in the photo of the council of 1925.
Photo courtesy of the FHC: Image Number EF0055-02, Title 1925 Councillors, Date 1925, 1 photograph : b & w ; 29 x 39 cm, Group photo of councillors and staff (mounted). EF0055-01 is a copy of the same photograph, does not include names. Councillors: E. Brown; C.A.B. Staton; W. Wauhop; H.H. Parker (Town Clerk); R. Gordon; G. Pearse; H. Woodhouse; W.C. Angwin; H.J. Locke (Mayor); J.F. Allen; L.B. Bolton
Fremantle History Centre
Lee, Jack 1979, This is East Fremantle (The story of a town and its people), East Fremantle Town Council: 86, 212-213.
Garry Gillard | New: 18 November, 2017 | Now: 19 November, 2018