William Rolfe Steele is mentioned by Ewers as being in 1830 the publican of the South Sea Hall Public House.
Hitchcock records a WR Steele as being the purchaser of town lots 80-81 which were or are on the corner of Henry and High Streets, where the Marich Building is now. In 1844 the Royal Hotel was there, so perhaps it was the successor of the South Sea Hall Public House.
Ewers, John K. 1971, The Western Gateway: A History of Fremantle, Fremantle City Council, with UWAP, rev. ed. [1st ed. 1948]: 11.
Hitchcock, JK 1929, The History of Fremantle, The Front Gate of Australia 1829-1929, Fremantle City Council: 110.
Garry Gillard | New: 26 August, 2015 | Now: 10 July, 2016