Herbert John Locke (1864-1944) was Mayor of East Fremantle 1924-31, 1934-44. Locke Park is named for him, as is Locke Crescent. He was the proprietor of both the Mayfair and Richmond cinemas. He lived in a house he built on the corner of Alexandra Rd and Canning Rd (Hwy), called Ryhall. The family then moved to a house on the corner of Osborne Rd, called Woodlawn, originally on a block of 2.5 acres.
Lee, Jack 1979, This is East Fremantle (The story of a town and its people), East Fremantle Town Council: 142-3.
Garry Gillard | New: 5 August, 2016 | Now: 5 August, 2016