The Fremantle Lawn Tennis Club existed in 1895. It seems, from a newspaper article in April of that year, that games were first played on the Barrack Field (now Fremantle Oval). Tennis courts were not available at Fremantle Park until the end of 1896, when one asphalt court was ready for use on Xmas Day. The official opening of the Fremantle Park Lawn Tennis Club was on Saturday afternoon, 30 January 1897. See the history page.
The Fremantle Tennis Club is to become part of the Fremantle Park Sport and Community Centre when the new building becomes available in 2019 or later.
Fremantle Tennis Club history
Tennis Club website
Garry Gillard | New: 21 June, 2016 | Now: 16 April, 2018