Fremantle Stuff > Hotels > Royal
The South Sea Hall Public House (William Rolfe Steele, licensee, 1 January 1830), later the Royal Hotel, was on Lots 80 and 81, on the NE corner of Henry and High Streets, where the Marich Building c. 1897, 36-42 High St, is currently, on the northeast corner of High and Henry Street. It has been proposed for redevelopment since before 2006, when an application to build a 5-storey hotel/apartment complex at the rear was refused. The Rialto Apartments door is at 44-46.
Part of 1844 Map re-drawn by Campbell.
Garry Gillard | New: 28 August, 2015 | Now: 5 February, 2019