Fremantle Stuff > Hotels > King George IV Hotel
George IV Public House (William Dixon, licensee, 1 January 1830) was on Lot 6, on the SW corner of High and Cliff Streets, where W.F. Samson's house later stood c. 1855 - c. 1955. The site is currently vacant, and NDU had plans - which were disallowed - for a five-storey building on it.
Meanwhile, in Fremantle, of the four original 1830 licences, Robert Collins' hotel had disappeared in name, as had Dixon's George IV, although in February 1833 it was announced a building was to let: 'House called George IV Inn'. Tuckfield: 77.
Tuckfield, Trevor 1971, 'Early colonial inns and taverns', Part 1, Early Days: Journal and proceedings of the Royal Western Australian Historical Society, 7, 3: 65-82; Part 2, Early Days, 7, 7: 98-106.
Garry Gillard | New: 5 February, 2019 | Now: 5 February, 2019