162 Hampton Rd Beaconsfield, built 1905/1906 by Hooley Brothers Palmyra to J.H. Eales' design
St Paul's began in 1892 with the building of the Mission Hall. Weddings have been performed from 1897 until the present day and the Marriage Register is kept with the Parish Records. The foundation stone of the present church was laid on 23 August 1905. The church choir was established not long after the First World War and has continued to the present day. In the mid 70's St Paul's combined with St John's Fremantle; on 30th June, 1997 St Paul's was re-established as a parish in its own right. Church website.
FHC photo#1586B, c. 1912, Reverend F T Bowen standing outside St Paul's. He was rector from March 1911 to 30th June 1932. The church was built in 1906 and in 1914 two front porches were added at a cost of 400 pounds.
FHC photo #1586A, nd. The Foundation stone for this church was laid 23.08.1905 by His Excellency Admiral Sir Frederick Bedford, G C B, Governor of Western Australia. The architect was J H Eales, the builder Messrs Hooley Brothers and the building cost 1536 pounds. The building was completed in 1906 and the two front porches added in 1914. Reverend Bowen is standing in front.
Garry Gillard | New: 26 September, 2014 | Now: 7 August, 2016