Corner of King St and Canning Road (Highway)
The foundation stone for the East Fremantle Presbyterian Church was laid on 27.07.1898 by the Reverend Dr D S Duff of Glasgow. The church closed 24.06.1963 and was demolished for the Stirling Bridge.
Photograph 1213A from the Fremantle City Library Local History Photographic Collection. Date c. 1910. Text from the Library entry.
Plympton Post Office and the East Fremantle Presbyterian Church
The building on the left is the East Fremantle Post Office, opened on 14.03.1898 as the Plympton Post Office but renamed East Fremantle in 1899. The first Post Master was J. Adams. On the opposite corner of Canning Highway and King Street was the East Fremantle Presbyterian Church. The foundation stone was laid on 27.07.1898 by the Reverend Dr. D.S. Duff of Glasgow. The building was opened for divine worship on Sunday 18.09.1898.
The area of Plympton is on the right.
From a postcard published by A.J. Ratcliffe, 75 Barrack Street, Perth.
Photograph 881 from the Fremantle City Library Local History Photographic Collection. Date 1905-1920. Text from the Library entry. Where the church was is now the middle of Stirling Highway. The post office still stands, right at the corner of that and Canning Highway.
Garry Gillard | New: 1 November, 2014 | Now: 5 October, 2018