Fremantle Stuff > Churches > Woodside Baptist Church

Woodside (East Fremantle) Baptist Church

SE corner of Fortescue St and Canning Road (Highway)

The East Fremantle Baptist Church was consecrated in March 1921.

Photograph 1966 from the Fremantle City Library Local History Photographic Collection, date not stated. Text from the Library entry.

woodside baptist

E freo pres

Group with East Fremantle Baptist Church foundation stone

The foundation stone for the East Fremantle Baptist Church, formerly known as the Woodside Baptist Church, was laid on 30.10.1920 by G B W Filmer J P. The architect was John Selby and the contractor C Moore. The church was consecrated in March 1921. The Pastor was the Reverend F Shiner.

Photograph 1964 from the Fremantle City Library Local History Photographic Collection, date 30 October 1920. Text from the Library entry.

Group with East Fremantle Baptist Church foundation stone

The foundation stone for the East Fremantle Baptist Church was laid on 30.10.1920. The church was consecrated in March 1921.

Photograph 1968 from the Fremantle City Library Local History Photographic Collection, date 30 October 1920. Text from the Library entry.

Church website


Garry Gillard | New: 1 November, 2014 | Now: 6 November, 2015