Fremantle Stuff > Buildings > Prospect House

Prospect House

Cnr Adelaide and Point Streets, 1886-1967

prospect house

FHC photo #2815, 12 August 1897. Caption: Prospect House was built in 1886 on the corner of Adelaide and Point Streets for Captain William Dockray Jackson (1827-1895). Captain Jackson was Port Pilot and Superintendant of Rottnest Island 1867-1885. The Jackson family lived here until 1897. Later it became a boarding house, home of a music teacher, a doctor's surgery, was converted into flats and was demolished in 1967. Taken 12 August 1897.

References and Links

Data from the FHS Newsletter October 1993, p. 3.

Captain William Jackson


Garry Gillard | New: 9 December, 2015 | Now: 29 April, 2016