Fremantle Stuff > Buildings > Hungry Jack's
Hungry Jack's is on the corner of South Terrace and Essex Street. In 1918 it was the site of Barrett's woodyard, as may be seen on the right side of this photo of Essex St.
This is Fremantle Library's photo #770B and comes with this title and caption.
First naval procession in Fremantle
Looking down Essex Street from the balcony of the Freemason's [sic] Hotel on 6 December 1918. On the right is Barrett's wood yard. On the left are Mills & Co., merchants and F. Instone & Co. Ltd., in a building constructed in 1906 by C. Moore to a design by J.F. Allen. In the background are the Port Flour Mill and the Star Hotel.
After the woodyard, according to Joe Spadaro, came a caryard:
Then Marshall's burgers (to the left of Papa Luigi's):
Then Don Vincenzo's Seafood Restaurant:
And then Hungry Jack's - now (December 2018) closing ...
Many thanks to Joe Spadaro for all photos except the first.
Garry Gillard | New: 18 July, 2016 | Now: 28 April, 2019