Fremantle Stuff > Buildings > Hudson House

Hudson House

1922, 14 Phillimore St

Two storey brick and tile building with a zero setback from the pavement. The facade features a bracketed parapet and central pediment where '1922' appears in stucco. There is a central large entrance and multi paned fanlights above the windows, which have prominent mullions. Built 1922 for Charles Hudson (1865-1949), who came to WA from Adelaide to join Sandover & Co, before establishing his own business as an insurance agent. Hudson was involved in many local clubs and societies. The Hudson Building was occupied by various shipping companies over the years, such as Cunard Line, Australind SS & WA Shipping Association Ltd. In 1989 occupied by Danzas Wills, formerly George Wills & Co. (Heritage Council)

Currently (2016) Harbourside Apartments (short stay)

References and Links

Heritage Council


Garry Gillard | New: 21 April, 2016 | Now: 21 April, 2016